Wednesday, January 3, 2007

ChaCha: World's Worst Search Site

The worst idea of a search site to ever cross my path. Certainly this could be useful to those who couldn't turn on a computer, much less search for something simple on the Internet. ChaCha is Indiana's idea of a cruel joke. You use real live guides to help you search for whatever it is you don't know how to go Google yourself for.

Obviously, the concept of this site sounded like a good idea but has turned into a disaster, since many of the guides do not have to know how to spell, search, type, or even use a search engine. Not only this, but many "guides" are being mistreated, suspended and threatened by those at ChaCha headquarters. I was a guide before ChaCha suspended my account without reason, refused to answer my emails and in turn, will not pay me what I worked for (close to 200 dollars). Considering guides only get paid 5 dollars per search hour, it took a lot of hard work to get to that point. I would not recommend anyone use this engine as a means of income unless money does not matter to you, but in case you want to try it out anyway, the link is below.



ChaCha Search - Connect and search with a live ChaCha Guide | Home

No comments: